Hafsa's Neighborhood Profile

Postal Code: V3R 0C5 

Census Tract: 9330189.07 

Total Population in my area: 3,880 

Neighborhood Description: I live in Surrey, BC – My neighborhood is in Guildford. 

Below are three most interesting demographic statistics about my neighborhood in comparison with Vancouver (Census metropolitan area): 

1. The area “Guildford” is known to be one of the richest areas to live in. My area had a slight increased number of people with 71.3% who aged 15 to 64 years living in that area, in comparison with Vancouver (CMA), which has a population rate of 68.5%. It was a bit surprising to me because, I had always thought of Vancouver (CMA) to have increased population rate of people from age 15 to 64 years. 

2. Although according to my research, my area “Guildford” is known as the richest area to live in Vancouver (CMA), 49.6% of people live in a household with 2 people living. Whereas, in my area, 41.4% of people live in a household with 2 people living. Vancouver (CMA) is considered to have a larger population, as we all know it is considered a working city. So, for people's convenience, they prefer to live near their workplace. 

3. Surprisingly, 10.8% of people living in the Vancouver (CMA) area are Scottish. Whereas, in my area only 4.3% of people are Scottish. I was amazed looking at this comparison because, I did not know that there was a high population of Scottish people living in Vancouver (CMA). 

Overall, working on my Neighborhood profile and seeing the comparisons between My area and Vancouver (CMA) was interesting. I indeed got to learn a lot by going over the statistics. 

Comments

  1. Hi Hafsa, I found your blog really interesting. Specifically where you mentioned Guilford having a higher population in that age range than Vancouver. I also had no idea about the Scottish population, so that was a neat thing to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hafsa, was surprised to learn there are more 2-plus person homes in Vancouver CMA than in Guildford, would have expected it to be a more family-centric area. Could be related to cost of living perhaps, something interesting to look into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hafsa, Great post! I wasn't aware of such a high Scottish population in Vancouver either, but my Dad did move here from Scotland when he was 8 so that is interesting to learn. I think you did a great job of formatting your blog post to make it easy to digest. One way to improve I think would be to maybe put your title and Census information above the image, just to break up the blocks of text a little bit. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hafsa, you did great work on your research. It is interesting to know that Guildford is the richest area to live in Vancouver. I also did not know Guildford had a higher percentage of people aged 15 to 64 than Vancouver. One way to improve is by including a statistic that shows why Guildford is considered a rich area.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment